Re: Release rules Was: Re: [Monotone-devel] conflicts store vs show_conf

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: Release rules Was: Re: [Monotone-devel] conflicts store vs show_conflicts
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 21:56:52 +0100 (CET)

In message <address@hidden> on Wed, 24 Nov 2010 13:45:45 +0100, Markus Wanner
<address@hidden> said:

markus> For monotone, we had netsync flag days, which represent full
markus> incompatibilities (can't speak to each other). Then we also had database
markus> migrations, where a one-way upgarde is possible, but not backwards. So
markus> we could encode that in the version by using MAJOR.MINOR.REVISION, where
markus> a netsync flag day increments the major version number and a required db
markus> migration increments the minor version number.

0.99 is different enough from 0.48 to deserve being the upcoming 1.0,
there are enough changes even if it's compatible on a netsync level.
With that, I mean to say that netsync changes shouldn't be the only
criterium.

Cheers,
Richard