Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Release rules Was: Re: conflicts store vs show_

From: Markus Wanner
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Release rules Was: Re: conflicts store vs show_conflicts
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 19:05:01 +0100

On 11/25/2010 06:10 PM, Lapo Luchini wrote:
> Well, for me 0.47→0.99 had the *incompatibility* you are talking about,
> in the instance of the changed method to synchronize with server which
> needed a change of habits from:
>     mtn sy lapo.it 'it.*'
>     mtn sy 'mtn://lapo.it/?it.*'

IIRC the former still works, but gives a warning. Or has that changed in
0.99?

I certainly agree that it's a somewhat incompatible change. However,
it's certainly much less severe than a flag day due to netsync
incompatibilities. Maybe in the order of a required db migrate?

> Another big change, but only for people that follow nvm.*, was the need
> to re-fetch the whole repository from the new address, in order to avoid
> having those other nvm.* branches which are not strictly related and
> risking sending them all again on subsequent syncs.

IIUC that's rather because of the infrastructural change on monotone.ca
where usher and separate databases are used now, rather than an
incompatibility between the monotone versions, is it?

Regards

Markus Wanner