[Monotone-devel] usher comments

From: Hendrik Boom
Subject: [Monotone-devel] usher comments
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 03:20:09 -0500

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 09:09:33AM +0100, Richard Levitte wrote:
> In message <address@hidden> on Mon, 31 Jan 2011 02:56:04 -0500, Hendrik Boom
> <address@hidden> said:
>
> hendrik> On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 02:22:37AM +0100, Richard Levitte wrote:
> hendrik> > In message <address@hidden> on Fri, 19 Nov 2010 15:11:02 -0500,
> Hendrik Boom <address@hidden> said:
> hendrik> >
> hendrik> > hendrik> (2) Is there a comment convention for the usher config
> file?
> hendrik> >
> hendrik> >   comment "This is a lengthy comment"
> hendrik>
> hendrik> The comment has to be in quotes?
> hendrik> Are newlines allowed?
> hendrik> Should this be documented in
> hendrik> https://code.monotone.ca/p/contrib/page/UsherDocumentation/
> hendrik> ?
>
> Quoted from that page:
>
>   The configuration file for usher approximately follows monotone's
> "basic_io" format
>
> See http://monotone.thomaskeller.biz/docbuild/html/Formats.html#Formats
> for the basic_io format.
>
> Maybe the usher documentation should point to the monotone
> documentation for this.

Actually, I've just discovered by accident that a '#' at the stat of a
line seems to make the entire line be interpreted as a comment, quotes
not needed.  That seems not to be mentioned in either
 https://code.monotone.ca/p/contrib/page/UsherDocumentation/
or
 http://monotone.thomaskeller.biz/docbuild/html/Formats.html#Formats

Thanks.