Re: [Monotone-devel] Using the mouse logo on a book cover

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Using the mouse logo on a book cover
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2011 23:09:20 +0200

Hi Mathias!

> last month I announced an introductory text on monotone in German
> language at the monotone-user list:
>> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/monotone-users/2011-05/msg00000.html
>
> This text is grown into more than 50 pages and I want to put a book on
> demand version on Lulu (http://www.lulu.com/). For the cover page I
> would like to use the mouse logo from the monotone homepage. Therefore
> I'd like to ask whether there are objections against using it on the
> book cover and, if not, to what I should adhere when I use it.

As I already told you privately before, the license of the mouse should
be GPLv2+, as is the rest of monotone's sources. (The documentation was
once relicensed to GPLv2+ IIRC, so the logo was most likely part of it.)
Since I'm the author of the modified / "gradiented" version I can only
say I grant you the needed rights using it as cover for your book.

If anybody has a different opinion, he should speak up now or forever
hold his peace :)

> I would also need a bigger version of the image for the cover.
> From where could I get this?

Its source is scalable SVG and can be obtained here:

<https://code.monotone.ca/p/monotone/source/tree/h:net.venge.monotone/doc/figures/monotone-logo.svg>

> Anyway, thanks for your work on monotone.

Thank you for using it and improving its perception!

Thomas.