Re: [Monotone-devel] nvm.lua-5.2 failing on mingw

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] nvm.lua-5.2 failing on mingw
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 12:36:10 +0100

Stephen Leake <address@hidden> writes:

> Completely reinstalling mingw, using an older installer that has g++
> 4.5.2, fixed this particular problem (running 'make check' now).
>
> So apparently g++ 4.6.2 has problems with exceptions on Mingw. Cygwin is
> still at 4.5.3; I don't think Debian is at 4.6 yet. So perhaps this is
> not surprising.

'make check' now completed.

tester and unit tests all pass.

func tests had one failure; netsync_key_hooks didn't get the expected
return value from the server when sent SIGTERM. I think this is a known
bug in MinGW, so we should skip that test.

All of the extra tests failed, as on the previous release. The failure
is 'attempt to call global 'mtn_setup' (a nil value)', so there's
something fundamental wrong in extra test driver.

In sum; as far as Cygwin and MinGW are concerned, nvm.lua-5.2 can be
merged to main.

--
-- Stephe