nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Nano crashes with signal 11

From: Enrico Mioso
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Nano crashes with signal 11
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 13:57:56 +0100 (CET)

I was checking the other valgrind complain: winio.c, this line:
if (on_a_vt && ioctl(0, TIOCLINUX, &modifiers) >= 0) {

was wondering what was wrong here. Am I wrong in thinking that &modifiers is an
address on the function stack?
unsigned char modifiers = 6;
why does valgrind complain about us passing uninitialized memory to the ioctl
call?
Was wondering if we could avoid these valgrind errors, to make it easier to spot
"real" issues in the future.
thanks a lot guys, again.

Enrico