nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Nano crashes with signal 11

From: Enrico Mioso
Subject: [Nano-devel] Nano crashes with signal 11
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 09:28:20 +0100 (CET)

Hello guys!

Happy to talk you again, and thank you very very much for developing one of the
programs I use so much, Nano.

I wanted to report a problem where nano crashes with signal 11, asking me to
report a bug.
I am not able to reproduce this deterministically, and I wasn't able to
reproduce it under valgrind.
Still, I attach the log as it seems something is going wrong in any case.
The sequence I used to reproduce the log is:
1 -
valgrind --leak-check=full --leak-resolution=high --show-reachable=no
--log-file=valgrind-nano.log nano ../file.c

Once in the nano editing window, press ctrl+z to suspend nano.
2 -
nano ../file.h
when in editing windows, press ctrl+x to exit the new Nano instance.
3 -
fg
to return to old instance
4 - press the ins key, I use the 0 key of my numerical keypad with numlock off, and whenasked for the file to open (in a new buffer), use ../file.h.

A lot of these informations may be irrelevant: I suspect just suspending /
foregrounding / opening a new file is a good pattern.

I attach two reports here: one obtained with described pattern (hope precisely
enough), the second one with the same pattern, except moving the cursor a
little bit on the first Nano instance, the one going to be suspended.
In case I am reporting an already fixed issue in git, sorry guys.

Sincerely thankful,

Enrico

P.S.: please keep me in CC as I am not part of the mailing list! Sorry for the
inconvenience.