Re: [nmh-workers] nmh 1.7.1: both bcc and dcc broken for mts sendmail/pi

From: Alexander Zangerl
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] nmh 1.7.1: both bcc and dcc broken for mts sendmail/pipe
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 10:13:56 +1000

On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 17:30:28 +0000, Ralph Corderoy writes:
>In particular, the end of a
>sentence must be followed by two spaces to indicate to the formatter
>that it is indeed the end of a sentence and not a word following an
>abbreviation or something else that happens to end in a full stop.

thanks, i wasn't aware of that particular *roff quirk. sorry about missing
the doublequotes.

>Though, reading on, I realise that you copied how it was already done
>elsewhere.

yes, i aimed for a minimum delta.

>I'd be tempted to make it an if-then with no else clause by hoisting the
>"BCC:" prefix and "\n" suffix outside of the if-then.

hmm. i see your point, but don't entirely agree. my aim here was to
contain all the related logic within the smallest possible/sensible
horizon.

apart from the small ugliness of having the string "bcc:"
hardcoded twice i prefer that 'if' block doing its thing (and all of
its thing!) over strings conditionally accumulating across a
pageful of code or more.

>(It canbe "foo, bar, " instead but then the end of the string needs finding to
>shorten it by two.)
>I think this would remove the ternary operators and
>duplicated terms like `lp->m_mbox, "@", lp->m_host, NULL' so the reader
>has less to parse and check they're the same.

true, but again i beg to differ; i find parsing string retrofiddlery like that
shortening after lazily accumulating them earlier quite a bit less
clean than one ternary.

anyway, these are my personal preferences; i hope we can agree to disagree
and that somebody with commit rights will apply the patch or equivalent
to the code.

regards
az

--
Alexander Zangerl + GPG Key 2FCCF66BB963BD5F + http://snafu.priv.at/
>We're talking about a bleeding mainframe, mate.
It's got hemoglobin in its fluorinert?
 -- Peter da Silva and AdB