Re: improved mh-chart man page

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: improved mh-chart man page
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 08:28:24 -0400

david wrote:
 > Paul wrote:
 > > I believe my script changes are "old shell" compatible, if not
 > > "ancient shell" compatible.  I get the same output if I run it with
 > > either "bash --posix" or "ash".
 >
 > grep -A is a GNU-ism.  Maybe something like sed -n '/.SH NAME/{n;p;}'
 > would simplify that whole line?

Thanks.  Much better.  I think I only finally internalized how to
introduce newlines in the output with sed a year or two ago.  If I
master function groups now, maybe there's hope for someday being able
to use the hold space without visiting one of the sed cheat sheet
sites!  (Kind of embarrassing for a guy who first used sed over 40
years ago.)

Are we allowed to use $(...) instead of `...` ?  I hate working around
the deficiencies of `...`.

paul
paul fox, pgf@foxharp.boston.ma.us (arlington, ma, where it's 35.8 degrees)