Re: crufty mhn.default.sh stuff

From: Greg Minshall
Subject: Re: crufty mhn.default.sh stuff
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 19:23:16 -0800

Ken,

sorry, as i'm sure this has been discussed ad-infinitum.

> Maybe we need a new flag in mhn.defaults that says, "Delete the
> temporary file after N seconds".  Implementing this should be
> straightforward; just fork(), sleep(), and unlink().  N could be 10 or
> 30 seconds.

why not fork(), fork(), [exec() in child], wait(), unlink()?

i.e., wait for the viewer, whatever, to exit, then unlink(), exit().
(all while the main, parent process, goes back to its thing.)

i can imagine some "viewers" never exit.

cheers, Greg