Re: mhbuild and long header fields

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: mhbuild and long header fields
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2023 18:32:23 -0400

Philipp wrote:

> Good to hear. Do you want a format-patch of the final version?

Sure, that would be great.  Or, all I need is the commit message.  I just
verified that I'm using your last code submission with no changes.

> > One issue to resolve first: the References header field at the end of this
> > message ends with:
> >  <16f13de3df80f62de768420a3cc3a2fe.philipp@bureaucracy.de>
> >   <14298-1693614066.188834@mIBq.BRD6.6M0V>
> >
> > There's always an extra space in front of the Message-ID that was appended
> > last.  Is that a relic of repl?
>
> That's strange and I can't reproduce this. Also I can't find code which
> would explain this in repl and the default configuration.

It took me a while to find it: References is updated by replcomps.  For unknown
reasons, mine had an extra space.  I fixed it so all is good now.

> No, fold() should not change the body of the field. Depending on the
> context multible white space characters might have a meaning or are used
> to increase readability without a MUA.

Agreed.

Thanks!

David