Re: Macintosh for nmh?

From: doug dougwellington . com
Subject: Re: Macintosh for nmh?
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 00:19:21 +0000

Among other things, I was a computer security guy, and almost universally, we used Windows phones.  See how that turned out, eh?  My motorcycle and car management software and several of my CAD and 3D programs only ran on Windows for years (some are still that way), so I was actually pretty content with that ecosystem and will never completely escape.  I suspect that if I had actually bought completely into it and started dealing with email with Outlook (the real one, not the web-based version), I wouldn't be in the spot I am now.

Instead, I left everything on the GoDaddy IMAP servers, which actually made it easy to access from all devices, but now my allocation is full and I've got to find a new direction.  Web Outlook is pretty limited (e.g. you can only move or delete 75 messages at a time), so it's really getting in my way.  I'm retired now, so I don't need to access my email while on TDY, so I'm planning to pull everything down onto my local computer.

Think I'll check out Macs the next time I'm at Costco.