Re: Strange problem replying to message

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: Strange problem replying to message
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2024 10:03:32 -0500

Arthur wrote:

> Yesterday everything worked. Today, trying to reply to a message I get:
>
> --------
> In message
> <CANCnwiKNNCedEXZVYNLG=gwV+aSxnNvNC4wBaAfATAU5W7Quhg@mail.gmail.com>,
> "B. William via Remind-fans" writes:
> >SG1tbW0gdGhpcyBsaW5lIGRvZXMgVEhJUyBXRUVLLCArIDMgTU9SRSBXRUVLUyBhbmQgZ2l2ZXMg
> >dGhlIGRhdGVzOgoKcmVtaW5kIC1zKzQgLXEgLXIgfi8ucmVtaW5kZXJzIHwgY3V0IC1jNi0xMCwx

It looks like the text part of the message that you're replying to was
not base64-decoded.  You could verify that by viewing the message with
"show -nocheckmime -showproc less".

If the text part is still encoded, you could decode it in the message itself,
or a copy, with mhfixmsg(1).

I don't know why it would have worked yesterday but not today.

David