Re: Where is my editor?

From: Andy Bradford
Subject: Re: Where is my editor?
Date: 19 Jan 2024 21:17:09 -0700

Thus said Ken Hornstein on Fri, 19 Jan 2024 16:45:18 -0500:

> Like many  threads involving ancient  greybeards, it kind  of devolved
> into a discussion about the "true" vi and how vim wasn't vi enough

It wouldn't  be a good  devolution if it didn't  involve vi vs  emacs or
another editor!

> And the consensus of everyone was prompter was fine as a default. lso,
> Andy, you later said in that thread:
>
>   Sounds like  I might have to  add something to my  profile now after
>   this change is made to avoid prompter.

Now that you quote it, I definitely remember saying it.

And as  I most recently  hinted, I  still don't have  EDITOR/VISUAL set;
I've now set the editor in the mh profile.

> But to be fair, we did  have a reasonable discussion about this change
> (that it seems we all forgot about).

Yes, indeed we  did. Thanks for reminding me. It's  amazing that it only
took  6 years  for me  to finally  get impacted  by the  results of  the
discussion! Watch out debian, if you think you have stable releases that
live on forever, watch out for nmh as a contender.

Andy