Re: Symbolic link to mhmail

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: Symbolic link to mhmail
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 09:03:16 -0400

Thomas wrote:

> For the reason given above I don't think this would solve it.  I think
> these results might be even more explicit:
>
> $ echo $PATH
> /usr/bin/mh:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games:/snap/bin
> $ cp /usr/bin/mh/mhmail ./test
> $ ./test
> ./test: 1: /home/thomas/mhparam: not found
> ./test: 95: exec: /home/thomas/inc: not found

The root cause of the problem is that mhmail uses, in effect, `dirname $0`
to find the location of the nmh executables.

Because /usr/bin/mh is on your PATH, it could instead use `mhparam bindir`.

Or instead of trying to find the location at runtime, configure could be
used to at build time to insert the path into the mhmail script.  And the
same could be done with etc/sendfiles.

Thoughts?

David