om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] gtk problems

From: Dario Aprea
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] gtk problems
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 22:36:56 +0200 (CEST)

--- Dave Robillard <address@hidden> ha scritto:

> Dario Aprea wrote:
>

> >Thank you Dave, I tried to downgrade libglademm but it doesn't work
> >anyhow. I tried all the versions I found (2.6.0, 2.5.1, 2.4.2, 2.4.1
> >and 2.4.0), recompiling om every time.
> >
> >Maybe I should downgrade the other gtkmm libraries too (or even
> gkt?).
> >I'd prefer not to make the cartesian product of them all... so if
> you
> >were so kind to tell me what versions of libsigc++, glibmm, gtkmm,
> >libglademm and libgnomecanvasmm are you using, I'll try them before
> >asking someone else as you suggest.
> >
> >Cheers,
> >Dario
>
> Sorry, I'm backpacking Australia at the moment and don't have my
> machine with my, so I have no idea what version of the gtk libs I
> have
> installed.  I do know that it has worked well for people running many
>
> versions, so I don't really know where the problem lies.  Voodoo bug
> :/
>
> If it helps, I run Debian unstable, and it's always worked for me -
> so
> whatever versions are in Debian unstable (or have been over the last
> year or so) have worked for me.  You might be able to find out from
> one
> of the online apt repository sites or something.
>
> Sorry I could't be of more help.  Are you by any chance running
> Mandrake?  All but one person who has run across this problem has
> been
> (just curious)
>
> Apparently there's a filed bug for libglademm that addresses this
> issue
> that you can find online in their bug tracker.  Not sure how much
> information there is in there about resolving the issue though.
>
> Best of luck,
>
> -DR-

I finally made it. What a wonderful piece of software.

I wasn't using slackware 10.1 but "current" (I didn't realize), which
is a sort of debian unstable - if I understood right. I downgraded all
the packages to 10.1 and now om works.

Unfortunately I don't know what packages were causing the libglademm
errors. Surely not libglademm itself, nor any of the gtkmm packages,
because I tried them all with the same versions of debian unstable, but
with slackware current they didn't work.

Maybe Patrick Volkerding (the author of slackware) knows why. Maybe the
unlucky mandrake users could ask him.

Thanks again

Ciao

Dario

Yahoo! Messenger: chiamate gratuite in tutto il mondo
http://it.beta.messenger.yahoo.com