om-synth

[Om-synth] slow startup/slow load/cannot add plugins/modules won't conne

From: derek holzer
Subject: [Om-synth] slow startup/slow load/cannot add plugins/modules won't connect
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 18:26:47 +0200

Running om-0.2.0 tarball, I'm having no luck getting it started. I start the om server llike this:

 $ om
[SlowEventQueue] Starting.
[PostProcessor] Starting.
[AlsaDriver] Successfully opened ALSA sequencer.
[OSC] Started OSC server at osc.udp://localhost:16180/
[Main] Warning:  Failed to lock memory.  Timing could suffer.
lash_open_socket: could not connect to host 'localhost', service 'lash'
lash_comm_connect_to_server: could not create server connection
lash_init: could not connect to server 'localhost' - disabling lash
[LashDriver] Failed to connect to LASH. Session management will not function.
cannot lock down memory for RT thread (Cannot allocate memory)
cannot use real-time scheduling (FIFO at priority 9) [for thread 81926, from thread 81926] (1: Operation not permitted)
[JackDriver] Activated Jack client.
[AlsaDriver] Unable to start realtime MIDI thread.
[AlsaDriver] Started non-realtime MIDI thread.
[OSC] Registered client osc.udp://localhost:13169/ (1 clients)
[JackDriver] Enabling.
[NodeFactory] DSSI_PATH is empty. Assuming /usr/lib/dssi:/usr/local/lib/dssi:~/.dssi

And then om-gtk, which goes like this:

$ om_gtk
[StateManager] Unable to open settings file /home/derek/.omgtkrc
[Main] No engine URL specified.  Attempting to use osc.udp://localhost:16180
[OSCController] Started OSC listener on port 13169
[OSCController] Attempting to contact engine at osc.udp://localhost:16180/ . connected
[OSCController] Waiting for response 2: ... received.

after which I wait about two minutes for the GUI to come up. The I try to start a new patch, and absolutely nothing happens. So I try to load a sample patch:

[Controller] Registered with engine
lash_open_socket: could not connect to host 'localhost', service 'lash'
lash_comm_connect_to_server: could not create server connection
lash_init: could not connect to server 'localhost' - disabling lash
[LashController] Failed to connect to LASH. Session management will not function.
[PatchLibrarian] Loading patch /usr/local/share/om/patches/sine.om
[OSCController] Waiting for response 6: ...

and also nothing happens for several minutes. The my new patch, named "test" or whatever, opens and I try to add some plugins. Nothing new appears. I notice now that "sine.om" has appeared, but most of the modules are disconnected and resist any efforts to connect them.

I'm not sure what more info I can offer right now, I'm hoping that someone here knows what this is all about.

best wishes,
derek

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl