om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] Always On Top

From: Esben Stien
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] Always On Top
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 22:02:20 +0200

Dave Robillard <address@hidden> writes:

> om_gtk is not your window manager. ;)

I believe this is wrong;). This is not the window managers' job.

As it is now, every window instantiated from the patch window is on
top of the patch window and grouped together. This is a feature
implemented in om if I'm not mistaken.

It would be quite a big database and feature set the window manager
would need to have to keep track of all the windows of an application.

It is also a status that would also be lost if you changed window
manager.

To keep status information on position, size, grouping and visibility
etc is solely the job of the application, in my opinion.

An application like om might have 200 and more windows to keep track
of.

--
Esben Stien is address@hidden     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m