om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] renaming issues

From: Dave Robillard
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] renaming issues
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 12:52:30 +1000

On Mon, 2005-17-10 at 16:10 +0200, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Hi
>
> Om seems to get comfused by intense reworking/renaming of a patch. I
> cannot tell exactly what I did, but I guess the problem was because I
> was changing, renaming, saving, changing, renaming, saving (etc) a patch.
>
> Two times X (actually xorg) frose, one time one of the generated patces
> loaded with errors complaining something with "couldn't find node" (or
> something) referring to the name the patch was called before rename.
>
> I know this is a no-good-bug-report, but still, something fishy seems to
> be going on with renaming...

If you post the broken patch file, with information about what names
changed, I might be able to figure out what's going on.

Even if you don't remember what names changed, post the patch file
anyway.

TBH renaming in the client is a bit hackish right now.  It's fine in the
engine, but there's a lot of munging going on in the client to make sure
everything's sane after a rename :/  That said, it's never crashed on me

-DR-