om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] spam on the wiki

From: Dave Robillard
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] spam on the wiki
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 20:18:01 -0500

On Wed, 2006-15-03 at 11:18 +0100, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Hi there
>
> There seems to be getting more and more spam on the wiki. I just hacked
> up a blacklisting feature based on IP-address, and blacklisted some of
> the recent ones spamming the front page.
>
> I realize that using ip-addresses might not be the perfect solution,
> since it seems to change, but still some ip-addresses appear more than once.
>
> So please report (to me by email) the ip-addresses of any spam you clean
> up, and lset's see if this solves the problem.

Can't we do something like the common little pictures with obscured text
that you have to type?

Even changing the thing is probably overkill - I don't think the Om wiki
is a specific target of spammers the world 'round :)

Hell, we could probably just literally put the word on the page in text.
Is a bot really going to figure it out?

-DR-