om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] spam on the wiki

From: Atte André Jensen
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] spam on the wiki
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 08:21:40 +0100

I send two messages on the spam thing, this one was the first, but I recieved it with two days delay... So The post "more on spam" describes how things are now on the wiki. Please comment on that...

Dave Robillard wrote:

Can't we do something like the common little pictures with obscured text
that you have to type?

I thought about that. The wiki is awki, and my awk skills is not that fantastic, so I opted for a simpler solution.

Even changing the thing is probably overkill - I don't think the Om wiki
is a specific target of spammers the world 'round :)

Hell, we could probably just literally put the word on the page in text.
Is a bot really going to figure it out?

These could do, but I'd rather see if I can figure out the real thing. But let's see how things eveolve with the current scheme, ok?

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte

http://www.atte.dk