om-synth

[Om-synth] Om, Lash and DSSI-VST

From: Shayne O'Connor
Subject: [Om-synth] Om, Lash and DSSI-VST
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 00:46:16 +1000

hi there

i've been following Om CVS for a few months, and lately I have been
trying to get a couple of Lash clients happening (Om and Dino, to be
precise - so I'm using a recently built rpm of Jack CVS). I'm thinking
that my scattered brain will benefit from a successful Lash setup :)

i haven't been able to get Om working with Lash, though. Dino works (as
do the non-Jack-midi apps such as seq24, zynaddsubfx, etc), and
Om/Om_Gtk *does* get loaded by Lash, but not the patches that were saved
in the Lash session. I'm mainly trying to use Om as a container for a
rack of VST's through dssi-vst (latest version) ... was thinking it
might have been a problem with that, but the Lash restoration doesn't
seem to work with any Om patches or plugins (Smack, Whysynth,
Input/Output nodes, etc).

i realize Om's going through a lot of development at the moment, so let
me know if i'm jumping the gun, or being impatient ;)   however, if the
lash-ification is buggy i'll do my best to help debug it.

great work on Om - it's looking great, is powerful, and fun to use!

cheers

shayne