openvds-devel

Re: [Openvds-devel] imapd

From: Chris Fulton
Subject: Re: [Openvds-devel] imapd
Date: 21 Dec 2001 23:21:02 -0800

Well, your distribution, and your choice of skel will determine what
needs to be done to get imapd working. On mine (RH7.x + custom skel) I
just enable imapd in xinetd.conf and it works great - no need to compile
anything. You may need to adjust /etc/ld.so.conf so imapd can find
kerberos libraries, and add imaps to /etc/services if you want imap over
ssl. If you are going to use ssl you should probably make your own
/usr/share/ssl/certs/imapd.pem as well. If you want single IP virtual
host support you will have to look at vimap.sourceforge.net -> I can't
help you there.

What do you mean 'wouldn't asnwer requests'? Care to send us your error?
Have you enabled imapd in xinetd.conf? What distro are you using, and
why compile imap? Was it not there to begin with?