openvds-devel

Re[2]: [Openvds-devel] This list / project stilll alive? Ping !

From: Eje Gustafsson
Subject: Re[2]: [Openvds-devel] This list / project stilll alive? Ping !
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 17:10:36 -0600

PS> On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, Eje Gustafsson wrote:
>> "user mode" as virtual server solution ?

PS> But far too resource hungry when you stick 50 on one box.

Yes been troubled about that one as well. Figured no more then 10 per
box if you put in 1.5Gig ram which is resource intensive but beats
building 10 machines.

>> The reason I started using freevsd was to be able to give users their
>> own virtual server they could mess with and if they screwed up

PS> In other words, you are saying you want vserver;  with vserver you are still
PS> running with one kernel (not getting the performance/resource hit) but you
PS> can run default installs of Debian/Suse/Redhat (anything that is expecting a
PS> 2.4.x kernel) in the various different contexts:

PS>   http://www.solucorp.qc.ca/miscprj/s_context.hc

PS> See you on the mailing list... ;-)

No I refuse going to ask you everything on this list ;) j/k
Sure I will have some questions later. Darn it my wife is going to
kill me when I bring home a spare test machine to install it on..
-lol- I'll tell it was all your fault ;)

Happy New Years! You will know what I be doing on the new year ;P

Best regards,
 Eje Gustafsson                       mailto:address@hidden

---