openvortex-dev

[Openvortex-dev] ALSA directory changed to pci/au88x0/ + misc

From: Manuel Jander
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] ALSA directory changed to pci/au88x0/ + misc
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 01:59:08 -0400

Hi,

As requested, and agreed, i changed the ALSA path name to
au88x0, so confusions with Vortex 1, Vortex 2 or Advatage are avoided.
I'll update it in the next days, probably on the savannah CVS too, as it semes
its operational again.

I added support for larger buffers (> 16KiB), but i'm still in doubt if that really makes sense. I cant apreciate any benefit yet. I used the same idea posted some time ago on the ALSA
devel list (flip pages in the interrupt).

By the way I started experimenting with recording support, but without success yet. It semes that i got the DMA engine to actually write data into "somewhere", but the problem is that it does not seme to write to the correct addresses. AFAIK, the card writes in BusMaster mode, it just like playback, but the card writes instead of
reading, right ?

When i start recording my PC freezes hard inmediately, just like it would overwrite
the interrupt vector table (address 0x00000000).

When i either disable the record audio route or don't start the fifo, the DMA engine
just doesnt run (just as expected), and no hang occurs.
If i disable Interrupts, it still freeze, so Interrupt issues can be discarded.

Any ideas on howto debug this ?

The steps involved in my experiments are the following:

1)Create route :  codec -> mix_input -> mixer -> adb dma
2)fifo_adbinitialize
3)fifo_start
4) freeze....

Any ideas a gladly welcome.