palito-dev

Re: [palito-dev] graphic engine

From: Gabriel Blum
Subject: Re: [palito-dev] graphic engine
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 18:23:10 -0300

> On the other hand, there is the possibility that we'll end up going full
3D
> with OpenGL.

I'll drink to that !!!

I think that would be wise. OpenGL is what we need. It isn't difficult
neither obscure. I'm sure
can find more workforce for OpenGL than we can for any other stuff on the
whole project.

Another very important point is that the project won't be stuck until the
new graphics are ready,
because the new client / server model supports elegantly a text-based
protocol that we
can use to make several improvements in the game engine.

Of course, some of the most wanted features are in the graphics area and
will indeed be
stuck until the basic stuff is done.... but the OpenGL benefit is very large
.

Regards!
brain