pgubook-readers

Re: [Pgubook-readers] exit.s on amd64? 0x3c.

From: Cian
Subject: Re: [Pgubook-readers] exit.s on amd64? 0x3c.
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 17:21:44 +0000

Hi Guillame,

On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Guillaume Yziquel
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Googling around, I found:
>        http://www.vikaskumar.org/amd64/sample.htm

Looks like a nice resource, note the links to the x86-64 ABI docs at
http://www.x86-64.org/documentation.html - these are worth reading.

> The thing that I'd like to know is the following:
> -1- The syscall numbers are different. Where do you get the list of syscall
> numbers?

Under Linux, you should find these via /usr/include/sys/syscall.h.
Note that you may need to follow a couple of #include redirections
from there. For example, on my Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid install the actual
list of 64bit syscalls is in /usr/include/asm/unistd_64.h, which ends
up getting included (via a somewhat circuitous route) into
sys/syscall.h.

> -2- Would you believe useful to include a few info in PGU for amd64? (How to
> make syscalls, where to find the syscalls numbers, etc...)

I think this would be (increasingly) useful.

Cian