pika-dev

[Pika-dev] Re: jao's string foo

From: Jose A Ortega Ruiz
Subject: [Pika-dev] Re: jao's string foo
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 02:08:08 +0100

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 05:23:08PM -0800, Tom Lord wrote:

> Ok... all merged up.  Great work.  Thanks especially for the doc
> updates, simplifications to various code, invariant strengthening,
> test suite updates, and overall evident attention to detail in what is
> some pretty twisted code.

thanks for your encouraging words. i must say that it is easy to make a
good job when, as in this case, one has an excellent code-base
and a well-thought design to build upon.

> I had been thinking it might be necessary to, in the short term, just
> support iso8859-1 strings in Pika but, no, we're well within shooting
> range of a full Unicode string type.

yeah, i do think so :) as a first step towards this goal, please take a
look at my new patch-12: i've added tests for non-native byte order
encoding conversions, and they all seem to pass :).

> Next stage plans coming up soon.

on the string foo side, i guess i should go on with our plan, its next
step being implementing the *_fw functions, shouldn't i?

> Thanks,

nah, thanks to you, tom, for giving me the opportunity to participate in
such a great and enthralling project!

jao