pika-dev

[Pika-dev] Re: jao's string foo

From: Tom Lord
Subject: [Pika-dev] Re: jao's string foo
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 17:36:56 -0800 (PST)

    > From: Jose A Ortega Ruiz <address@hidden>

    >> Next stage plans coming up soon.

    > on the string foo side, i guess i should go on with our plan, its next
    > step being implementing the *_fw functions, shouldn't i?

Yes.

And, beyond that, there's a need for dstr routines corresponding to
the basic Scheme string primitives while preserving the _fw invarient
(e.g., an _append_fw  and _set_fw).

The (not published yet) new string plans are concerned with how to
wrap all this in Scheme, dealing with asyncs and threads.

    >> Thanks,

    > nah, thanks to you, tom, for giving me the opportunity to
    > participate in such a great and enthralling project!

Mutual praise aside -- it _is_ getting pretty interesting, isn't it
:-)

-t