pika-dev

Re: [Pika-dev] Hello

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Pika-dev] Hello
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 13:11:42 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Amir Livne Bar-On <address@hidden>

    > Hello. My name is Amir, and I am a new member of the list (as you can
    > see).

Welcome.

    > I heard about Pika last week, but when I looked at the archives of
    > this list, I saw almost no messages in April. Did the work on
    > Pika stop?

Nope.

What has happened is that I had to move this month.   We did the move
largely in increments -- carloads at a time.   Overall, it was pretty
much a full time job for several weeks.

I'm starting to be "back" now -- currently I'm catching up with a lot
of accumulated crises and overdue tasks re the arch project.

I should be fully back to Pika in May when I'll merge the pending
changes that people have submitted and work on evaluating where we are
and making the last-push plan to get to our first release of an R5RS
Scheme (which will hopefully occur this summer).

    > It's hard to see the lastest developments from the files on the 'net,
    > and there are so many archives listed at yi.org.

    > Shortly, is there anybody here? Is there a new place for developers? Or
    > is the project halted?

Absolutely there is a place for new developers -- if you can hold on
for just a few more days while work resumes after a few weeks hiatus.

-t