pika-dev

[Pika-dev] Re: Pika Plans?

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: [Pika-dev] Re: Pika Plans?
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 18:02:51 +0200

"Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <address@hidden> writes:

> good lord, that's what i call GREAT news!. please, count on me to help
> as much as i can.
>
> looking forward to the new archives and discussion,

<AOL> me too! </AOL>

Picking the work up again from where I left it, one of the last things
keeping the runtime from being complete was string support, in turn
depending on missing bits of hackerlab's udstr implementation; see [0]
and [1]. I especially miss:

- udstr_make_n(), which creates a string initialized with a given
  character and length n

- udstr_alloc(), which creates an uninitialized string of a given
  length (in codepoints). I'm not really sure if that is feasible;
  quoting myself from [1]:

  ,----
  | It seems this is a bit hairy. I guess you can't use a
  | non-initialized chunk of memory, at least if the string is in a
  | variable-size encoding. How would you initialize the string (e.g. with
  | spaces)?
  `----

- udstr_set_x()

- udstr_cmp(), udstr_casecmp()

- udstr_hash(), see [2]. I volunteer to do that one, as I already have
  an implementation of ustr_hash lying around here.

[0] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/pika-dev/2004-06/msg00003.html
[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/pika-dev/2004-06/msg00014.html
[2] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/pika-dev/2004-06/msg00003.html

Cheers, Rotty