pspp-users

Entering Variables in Blocks Using PSPP

From: mag
Subject: Entering Variables in Blocks Using PSPP
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2019 22:06:08 +0000 (UTC)

First, thanks very much to Alan for answering my previous question.  I am now trying to replicate the following SPSS regression language (simplified here for clarity).

* SPSS, Entering Two Blocks, No Errors
REGRESSION
   /STATISTICS COEFF OUTS R ANOVA CHANGE
   /DEPENDENT y
   /METHOD=ENTER var1
   /METHOD=ENTER var2.

Now, I try to do the same thing in PSPP, but am not successful.

* PSPP, Example 1, Entering Two Blocks, ERROR
REGRESSION
   /STATISTICS COEFF CI R ANOVA
   /VARIABLES= var1 var2
   /DEPENDENT=y
   /METHOD=ENTER var1
   /METHOD=ENTER var2.
Output= syntax error at var1.

Please note that the following, with one block only and using "/method=enter", works fine.
* PSPP Example 2, Entering 1 Block, No Errors
REGRESSION
   /STATISTICS COEFF CI R ANOVA
   /VARIABLES= var1 var2
   /DEPENDENT=y
   /METHOD=ENTER.

Please reply if you know how to enter variables in blocks, as shown in the SPSS example (and, if you used a book, website, or other resource,where you found the information). Thank you!