[rdiff-backup-users] complete backup?

From: Kristian G. Kvilekval
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] complete backup?
Date: 10 Dec 2002 15:28:24 -0800

Hi,  I am trying out some different disk-based backup options for a
local cluster and rdiff-backup seems to have alot of what I need.

However, I noticed this in the backup.log,  this file
actually marked

Received error 'No read permissions' when dealing with file
/dsl/cluster/home/ljosa/genbank/daily/.in.old.gbcu.flat.gz, skipping...

--w-------    1 ljosa    grads    2147483647 Sep 21 03:34
.in.old.gbcu.flat.gz

and therefor not readable.  I thought most backup programs would
ignore the actuall permission bits.

Is this a bug or a feature?