Re: [rdiff-backup-users] My daily back-ups started dying

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] My daily back-ups started dying
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 20:03:29 -0800

On Mon, Dec 23, 2002 at 05:19:17PM -0600, address@hidden wrote:
> I first got a message about a corrupted sched.pyo file which upon
> inspection hadn't changed in ages.  No when I run I get the attached
> (verbose) output.  Could it be corruption due to the failed backup?  Is
> there something I can do to clean out whatever garbage was left w/o
> losing months worth of incrementals?

Hmm, rdiff-backup doesn't seem to like your resume information, but is
is unlikely that your actual data is corrupted.  Here are some things
you can try in increasing order:

1) Next time you run rdiff-backup, use the --no-resume switch.
2) Delete the checkpoint*data and last-file* files in
   rdiff-backup-data directory.
3) Do step 2 and also rename the current_mirror file, increasing the
   time by 1 second.

Of course, rdiff-backup must have failed the first time for some
different reason, so it could fail again for that same reason.

        I've already removed all the resume/checkpointing stuff for the
next version because a number of people have had problems with it.

--
Ben Escoto