Re: [rdiff-backup-users] 0.9.2 -> 0.10.1 ?

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] 0.9.2 -> 0.10.1 ?
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 11:24:46 -0800

  OM> ok, nice. But will there be a problem if both rdiff-b versions
  OM> are different (server/client) ?  I will update both, but it's
  OM> just to know :)

Yes, generally all the versions are incompatible with each other
except 'stable' releases of the same series (e.g. 0.10.0 and 0.10.1).

  >> that).  I haven't heard complaints specifically about 0.11.1, so
  >> hopefully it works fine, but it could be because no one (except
  >> me) is using it.

  OM> don't you have d/l stats? :)  maybe some more publicity would be
  OM> good? :)

The stats say there have been about 20 d/l's, so it's unclear if
anyone is using it :)  I don't know if more publicity would be good.
If there are some people who would benefit if they knew something like
rdiff-backup existed, but they just never thought about it, then
I suppose publicity would be good (at least for them).

But most of the advertising/publicity I see seems pointless.  For
instance two companies, like Coke and Pepsi for instance, will fight
over a fixed resource (American consumer soft drink mind share for
instance).  For instance suppose they each spend $100 million on
advertising and they each get 50%, or suppose they each spent $0 and
each got 50%.  It appears to have the form of a prisoners' dilemma,
where the two end up securing for themselves the worst outcome..

--
Ben Escoto