Re: [rdiff-backup-users] segmentation fault

From: Rainer Zocholl
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] segmentation fault
Date: 01 Feb 2003 14:23:00 +0100

address@hidden(Andrew Lare)  27.01.03 17:08

Once upon a time Andrew Lare shaped the electrons to say...

>rdiff-backup 0.10.1 has been working like a charm until this past
>weekend.  Now it proceeds normally more than halfway through the
>backup then it crashes with a segmentation fault.  I even upgraded to
>0.10.2, but the same thing happens.  I am using rdiff-backup on a RH
>Linux (8.0, 2.4.18-19) PC.  Any suggestions?

mail the exact commandline you use

Start the program from "strace" or "gdb" to see where it crashes

Do a "file core" to see what is really segfaulting.

Do activate logging to see in which directory it happens.
Maybe there are "foreign characters", too deep nesting etc..

Rainer