Re: [rdiff-backup-users] ACLS

From: dean gaudet
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] ACLS
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 14:56:57 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Greg Freemyer wrote:

> I've just discovered your project.
>
> In your opinion, is it production ready, or does it have limitations like "no
> files over 2 GB".

i've been running daily rdiff-backups of a ~100 user shell/web/mail system
with ~100GB of data / 1 million inodes with essentially no complaints.
ben took care of any of my nits early on, and things have been stable
since then.

i've done a handful of partial restores (users who deleted files by
mistake).  i've also used the mirror to create clones of the original
system.  no problems there.

any "2GB" problems would most certainly be a result of the tool chain /
kernel on your system, and not inherent in rdiff-backup itself.  best
thing to do is test.  (i know my debian woody boxes have no troubles >
2GB.)

i've settled on 0.11.0 for now -- because ben removed some features i like
in 0.11.1 and i'm debating on learning python or pestering him more before
i go forward :)

-dean