re[2]: [rdiff-backup-users] ACLS

From: Greg Freemyer
Subject: re[2]: [rdiff-backup-users] ACLS
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 11:09:17 -0500

 >>  GF> If your not yet handling ACLs, is it in the plans?

 >>  I don't see any reason not to handle ACLs, but my system doesn't have
 >>  them at the moment.  Maybe in 0.13.0.

 >>  --
 >>  Ben Escoto

I hope you do move in that direction.  There are surprisingly few tools to
backup a Samba share currently.  And none of them have the rapid restore
capability of rdiff-backup.

If you do start moving in that direction, Andreas Gruenbacher has a set of
libraries and fileutils that support both ACLs and EAs.  I believe that Andreas
wrote the kernel EA and ACL extensions that are now in the vanilla kernel.

The project website is http://acl.bestbits.at

Greg Freemyer