[rdiff-backup-users] remove-older-than

From: lfarkas
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] remove-older-than
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 16:51:42 +0200 (CEST)

hi,
could someone explain me what does this mean (from the man):
-----------------------
Note that this option is incompatible with backing up or restor-
              ing and must be run in  a  separate  instance  of  rdiff-backup.
              Remember  also  that  snapshots  of deleted files are covered by
              this operation, so if you deleted a file and backed up two weeks
              ago,  and  then  run  --remove-older-than 10D today, no trace of
              that file will remain.
this means that if I backup my files every night and I've got one file which
exisit
10 days ago, but deleted 9 days ago, and I run every night:
rdiff-backup --remove-older-than 2W
than I'm not able to recover the file?
thanks in advance.
yours