Re: [rdiff-backup-users] index already covered errors

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] index already covered errors
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 20:11:36 -0700

  DS> Error 'Index ('command', 'envdir') already covered, skipping'
  DS> processing command/envdir

I think the "already covered" error is caused when an rdiff-backup
increment for the current time is already present in the increments
directory.  So suppose from your
dest_dir/rdiff-backup/current_mirror.<time>.snapshot file you see that
the time is X.  If there is a file like

dest_dir/rdiff-backup/increments/command/envdir.<X time>.dir
or
dest_dir/rdiff-backup/increments/command.<X time>.dir

then rdiff-backup will skip the file since the increment it wanted to
write was already there.  (Versions 0.11.x use a different system, but
from recent messages it seems regressing can also fail..)  So anyway
please check to see if this is the case?

It's strange though, becaule generally you should only see that error
once, because the next time you backup the current_mirror time will be
different, and then an increment can be written.

--
Ben Escoto