Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup and user quota on backup machine

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup and user quota on backup machine
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:44:56 -0700

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 18:09:23 +0200
Yann Lugrin <address@hidden> wrote:
> I use rdiff-backup to backup an server on an other machine (rdiff-backup
> launched from server machine). The account of the backup machine is
> limited by a user quota.  Rdiff-Backup it is blocked and it is impossible
> to recover the backup by a "rdiff-backup --check-destination-dir" or
> "rdiff-backup --remove-older-than" because the quota is used.

Hmm, can you run --check-destination-dir and tell me where it fails?
I thought that checking the destination dir wouldn't consume more disk
space, only free it.

You can also remove the older increments "manually" by finding the
timestring of the last increment set, say 2003-03-22T04:22:02+07:00,
and then deleting all the files that end in that, as in:

find <dir>/rdiff-backup-data -name '*2003-03-22T04:22:02+07:00*' | xargs rm

I haven't checked the above, but you get the idea.  Put please try
--check-destination-dir and send me the output and traceback before
you solve your problem.

--
Ben Escoto