Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Can't do file restore - "Could not gettime

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Can't do file restore - "Could not gettime of current mirror"
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:41:53 -0800

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 18:08:50 -0500 (EST) "Daniel M. Drucker" <address@hidden>
wrote:
> > Are you sure the first backup was successful then?  This is the error
> you would get if the first backup failed.
>
> The backup had no error messages.

How many rdiff-backup-data/current_mirror.* files are there?  If there
are 0 or 2, then the first backup didn't work.  (If it said it worked,
then there is a bug with backing up, not with restoring.)

> > Hmm, are you sure _both_ sides are 0.13.3?
>
> I installed both sides from the same tarball ...

Must be a bug in the security code then.  I thought I fixed them all for
0.13.3 but apparently not.  Probably you just need to add
FilenameMapping.set_init_quote_vals_local to the top of Security.py, but
I'll have to look at it later.

--
Ben Escoto