Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup crashing

From: Rudy L. Zijlstra
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup crashing
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 01:12:39 +0200

David Kempe wrote:

Rudy L. Zijlstra wrote:

This happens only on the backup set which was being backed-up during the disk crash. All other backup sets are unharmed and get a backup without any problem.

if you are willing to forgo your increments, you could rm -rf rdiff-backup-data dir and see if that fixes it.

dave

Sigh,

I am doing something very close. I've copied the backup mirror - I really like those increments - to a spare disk and will first try your suggestion, if that fails, i will completly start anew. And not use that spare disk for the coming half year (thats how long i keep the increments).

Rudy