Re: [rdiff-backup-users] $ estimate for win32 rdiff-backup

From: David Kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] $ estimate for win32 rdiff-backup
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 10:33:26 +1000

Matt Wilkie wrote:

What would it cost to fund development rdiff-backup to the point where it could run, for production use, on Windows? How long will it take?

we have just finished a version.
it still has some problems that will be sorted out in the coming weeks.
the web interface works really well now, and the gui schedules jobs, creates jobs, manages restores through the webinterface etc. pretty much similar interface to ntbackup, with some modifications. Its gots only a few bugs - the restoring relys on the web interface and some soap magic. You would either have to get the web interface off us as well (which would be fine) or add in a restore interface. Only problem is rdiff-backup on cygwin can't write back to windows atm. This is due to some bugs which I am confident can be resolved when Ben puts more time into it again. If you want to call me on (australia) +61 0413 022 143 I would be happy to talk about it. We can arrange some licensing deal - the client we developed it for is interested in selling it off as well as using it for his own offsite backup business.

thanks

dave