Re: [rdiff-backup-users] $ estimate for win32 rdiff-backup

From: Matt Wilkie
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] $ estimate for win32 rdiff-backup
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 12:33:14 -0700

David Kempe wrote:

Matt Wilkie wrote:

What would it cost to fund development rdiff-backup to the point
where it could run, for production use, on Windows? How long will
it take?

we have just finished a version. [...] Its gots only a few bugs

this is encouraging news!

If you want to call me on (australia) +61 0413 022 143 I would be
happy to talk about it.

I will try and schedule something. Won't be for a couple of days though,
big deadline coming up.

We can arrange some licensing deal - the client we developed it for
is interested in selling it off as well as using it for his own
offsite backup business.

I'm not interested in anything which is not Open Source Definition compliant. I'm tired of being left in the lurch by companies that fold or push their products in directions which are incompatible with our needs.

cheers,

--
matt wilkie
Geographic Information,