Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Experience with rdiff-backup under cygwin

From: Dave Kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Experience with rdiff-backup under cygwin
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 08:54:48 +1000

Seth Warn wrote:

Results in the traceback above.  So, I think I'm using the --exlude
correctly; I want everything in c:\dfs except for c:\dfs\root.  Am I
screwing that up?  Does Cygwin introduce some complication?

I think the exclude needs to be like this: c:\dfs/root/subdir/etc
so backslash to start with, forward slashes subsequent.
I found the same problem, and some tweaking the slashes made it work properly

dave