Re: [rdiff-backup-users] remote rdiff-backup refused connection

From: Paul Ackerman
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] remote rdiff-backup refused connection
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:38:10 -0600

Keith,
 I followed the instructions on the unattened link that you gave me. A
couple times now. It has been to no avail. I am still being asked for a
password.

I made a /root/.ssh/config file as follows

host 192.168.0.253-backup
   hostname 192.168.0.253
   identityfile /root/.ssh/id_rsa_backup
   protocol 2

as instructed, minus the optional lines.

I have cut and pasted the results of "cat /root/.ssh/id_rad_backup.pub" from
my mirror (192.168.0.254 aka mail-fw) into the authorized_keys and
authorized_keys2( I tried both) files on my primary (192.168.0.253 aka
samba-saa)

and fianlly I applied the chmod commands as suggested. I did try to
rdiff-backup test before I changed the permissions, it asked for passwords
both ways.

Can't quite figure this one out.

thanks again

paul