Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: Serious data loss using rdiff-backup

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: Serious data loss using rdiff-backup
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 14:04:46 -0700

> As you can see this is quite a problem :)  Have a play with this and
> let me know how you get on.  Note that only the files listed in
> test2 before the creation of the symlink get deleted.

Ack it works for me now!  I misunderstood your directions earlier---I
thought you meant the 2nd backup should fail (not the 3rd one as is
required).

Let me know if the attached patch fixes it for you.  Thank you for
finding this bug and for the work you did to make it easily
replicable.

--
Ben Escoto