Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Daylight Saving Time problem?

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Daylight Saving Time problem?
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 10:15:38 -0700

> The latest mirror_metadata (from 1:30) has about the same size as the
> other mirror_metadata files, and the content looks similar.  I guess
> that means it's good.
>
> The most recent increments.* file is also from 1:30
> (increments.2005-04-03T01:30:08-05:00.dir), and is 0 bytes (like all
> the other increments.* files).  The increments/ directory itself
> also has some 1:30 files, but the directories inside it have a 1:45
> timestamp, so it looks like rdiff-backup had already touched some
> stuff before it created the metadata files, or else deleted the
> metadata files for some reason.  Is this bad?

Not necessarily, maybe the metadata file didn't get flushed before the
backed failed.  rdiff-backup regresses from the most recent
current_mirror to the older one.  It seems you have a good 1:30
backup, and then an aborted 1:45 one.  So I would try putting the
current mirror files at 1:45 and 1:30, and then regressing.

--
Ben Escoto