Re: [rdiff-backup-users] OSX and capital letters issue?

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] OSX and capital letters issue?
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 22:21:30 -0500

Hi,

As Jim Bardin pointed out, the numbers become characters again after the
restore. But also, in the development version (starting with 1.1.4) the
numbers (which aren't needed in your case) are not used. In the
meanwhile, if you want to stick with the stable version, you can add the
argument:
--override-chars-to-quote ''

If you're actually backing up to a filesystem that doesn't preserve
case, then you shouldn't use the --override-chars-to-quote option. The
Mac OS X filesystem is case insensitive, but does preserve case.

Andrew

--
Andrew Ferguson - address@hidden